Q: frame/suspension

Can an accurate frame measurement be obtained if the muffler is not removed and the magnets are placed in another location? If so, would this cause the specs to be off but still indicate there is no frame damage? I feel like the insurance company is not being honest

A: Hello there, the answer depends on many fac...

Hello there, the answer depends on many factors. I can not give an accurate answer just from this information. If the vehicle was in an accident it is possible that the unibody is bent. Measurements of the unibody are very precise and accurate, these measurements require the proper mounting locations. I'd consider contacting a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to assist you with inspecting your suspension and frame.