Q: Ford Windstar doesn't start

Okay, so new development on my 2001 Ford Windstar. After letting it sit for like a month without turning it on, I turned the key and nothing happened. No sounds, no lights, nada. Jumped the battery and the lights came on but no startup processes. One day, I went out and it actually responded when I turned the key. I jumped the battery again and THIS time it worked, the car started. I drove to a place with it and got a load test and it failed so I replaced the battery. Then after driving home and letting it sit for a few hours, I go out and IT DOESN'T RESPOND AGAIN!!! All I can figure is that it must have something to do with the cold vs. warm weather since it started up on a warm day. Maybe the starter gear is getting frozen and cannot turn? o.0 It's 100% not a power issue, so I'm guessing something's getting frozen in place. Any ideas?

Starters motors can display intermittent operation if they are faulty. You could also have a faulty ignition switch that is failing intermittently. With a fully charged battery, if the starter motor does not run with the key held in the "start" position, that signifies an electrical problem in the starter circuit or a problem with the starter motor itself. If there is power to the starter motor and yet it doesn’t run, the starter is condemned and replaced. Alternatively, if there is no power to the starter, or there is a big voltage drop anywhere on the circuit to the starter, then the circuit has to be traced until the fault in the circuit is found. Notably, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. Regardless of what the underlying cause of the no start condition is, if you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this promptly, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get it diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. Ford Windstar doesn't start