Q: For a 2016 Ford explorer Ecobost, does the AC fan start before the radiator fan or both starts at the same time when the engine is

For a 2016 Ford explorer Ecobost, does the AC fan run before the radiator fan or both run at the same time when the engine is started.

Thank you for your question. There are coolant temperature sensors in the fan circuit that control fan cycling. Consequently, when the engine is first started and the coolant is not yet hot, neither fan will run. However, if you turn on the A/C system immediately upon starting the condenser fan will turn on, regardless of engine temperature. Once the engine is hot, cycling of the fans is dependent on sensor outputs and thus to determine whether the cycling (and sequence) you observe is "correct" or not, you need to have in hand a scan tool that is reporting real time engine operating temperature and preferably the temperature reported by the exact sensor that provides the input to the cooling fan electrical circuit. If you desire to look at this in more detail, the factory wiring diagram shows the circuit design and control strategy. If you suspect a malfunction in the operation of these fans, the recommended service is an electrical component/circuit diagnostic. If a fault is detected in the diagnostic the mechanic will explain it and let you know of any required repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. For a 2016 Ford explorer Ecobost, does the AC fan start before the radiator fan or both starts at the same time when the engine is