Q: Fan pully won't line up after doing new head gaskets

3.5l v6 2002 Isuzu trooper fan pully won't line up after head gasket job. Timing belt cover seems to be level, but when fan is mounted to engine the pully doesn't line up.

Hi there. You need to make sure the crankshaft pulley is put on all the way. The front crank pulley should be very close to the front timing cover. If it is on all the way, then you either have put the water pump pulley on backwards or have an incorrect water pump if it was replaced. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to the site of your vehicle to inspect the car in person and advise on a repair.