Q: Exhaust system

Im about to throw a new exhaust on my 2002 subaru impreza wrx and would like to know which one is louder? Catback or turboack ? I have a good price on both but just curious? I've looked around and they dont give me a direct answer either one or the other so if someone could assist me. Thanks

The sound of the exhaust is not determined by whether it is a turbo-back, or a cat-back system. The determining factors for the amount of sound that comes from a given system are the size of the piping being installed, the design of the muffler, and the design of the converter(s). For example, a stock type replacement exhaust system will normally be on the quieter side, as compared to a performance type replacement system, which will normally allow for more airflow, and thus be louder. Some aftermarket exhaust manufacturers will use a decibel rating on their systems to give you an idea of how much noise it will create, but this is definitely not common with all manufacturers. Research on the parts involved will be necessary. You can check the manufacturers websites, or maybe even find information on a given component on other social media sites.

3. Exhaust system