Q: Exhaust problems

My car's exhaust system makes a loud sound when coming of the accelerator even after I replaced the muffler I think it may be the cataylic converter because it stalls and won't accelerate when I hit the accelerator

Hi there. Thanks for writing in about your 1997 Honda Accord. The issue you’re describing sounds more like an exhaust leak closer to the engine as opposed to the catalytic converter. When an engine misfires or dies and your exhaust appears louder when you accelerate, it’s usually due to an exhaust leak close to the exhaust valve. When you hit the accelerator and the exhaust pipe has a leak close to the cylinder head, it creates a vacuum inside the cylinder heads which can impact the performance of the vehicle. The best bet for you is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic and have them complete a exhaust leak inspection in order to have this corrected.