Q: EVAPORATE system CEL code

My CEL is on. The code is for the EVAP system. I know there's a canister under the vehicle as I have changed it myself, but the light is still on after resetting the system. It's either that I received a bad used part or that there's something else I didn't do or look for. Can someone give me some pointers as I'll either need to buy another used canister or search hoses, relays, or something else. Please guide me.

Hi there. It is quite possible that another component that comprises the EVAP system is causing this check engine light to continue illuminating. One item in particular might be the canister purge solenoid. The canister purge solenoid is the component in the EVAP system that is responsible for “purging” the EVAP system, by acting as the switch that allows the vapor into the engine. When the purge solenoid fails, it will cause problems for the EVAP system, which will affect the vehicle’s emissions output levels. The best way to know for sure is to have a professional mechanic download the stored error codes that are triggering the CEL, so they will have an indication as to what’s causing this issue.

3. EVAPORATE system CEL code