Q: Evap codes on a Sienna 2001

I have a Sienna 2001. My codes are PO440PO446. Evap and catalyst not ready. Do I need to change a charcoal canister?

Yes and unfortunately, with those EVAP codes, it can be a lot of things. On your particular model, the problem is often a bad charcoal canister and EVAP canister vent valve. Which comes as an assembly when you buy it. In order to check this out, it takes a professional mechanic. There is no way around that.

The worst thing would be to guess since it’s an expensive part. A certified technician from YourMechanic can analyze it and fix the issue for you. There is a lot of testing that has to be done because you are dealing with a pretty expensive part, they are very complicated systems.

3. Evap codes on a Sienna 2001