Q: Q: engine wont start

after changed the fuel pump by the mechanic the Freelander 2 2006 engine wont start

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are a few basic tests that you can do in order to help narrow down the issue. First turn the vehicle to the "On" position, and listen for the fuel pump to prime. It will sounds like a faint buzzing coming from the fuel tank. If you hear this, you know the pump is getting power, and at least, is hooked up. If you do not hear the pump priming, you will need to determine if it is getting battery power. You can do this using a voltmeter to test for power at the pump. If there is no power, you have an electrical issue (check the fuse/relay). If there is power, something is wrong with the replacement pump or its connections. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Q: engine wont start