Q: engine sounds like its running faster than it is, like idle sounds fast but not

what makes engine sounds like running fast but isn't. runs smooth at idle only does it driving, starts easy doesn't die

A: Hi there: High idle speed is commonly caus...

Hi there:

High idle speed is commonly caused by a vacuum leak, problems with the EGR system or the idle control valve on our 2000 Chevrolet Silverado. The best way to determine which one specifically or other item is causing this issue you’re experiencing is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an engine idle speed is high inspection.