Q: Engine skip - 2008 Mazda Tribute

Engine skip

3. Engine skip - 2008 Mazda Tribute

Q: Creaking noise from front and rear of car when accelerating from a stop and sometimes when I brake to a stop.

It sounds like you may have some worn suspension components. Things like shocks/struts, sway bars and control arm bushings when worn will make this kind of creaking sound when the weight of the vehicle is transferred during stopping and starting...

Q: Would a cold-air intake benefit my car?

Hi there. You might be better served to contact a Mazda shop locally to seek their advice after they inspect your car. The problem with cold air intakes and aftermarket intake systems and that they often negatively impact the sensors,...

Q: Will the code po171 effect the emissions test?

Hi Cassi. Thanks for sending us a message tonight. Yes, the P-0171 OBD-II trouble code indicates a lean mixture issue, which will impact the pass/fail of most emissions tests. Depending on where you live, any check engine light or code...