Q: Engine shut off cannot be started - 1999 Isuzu Amigo

I had several repairs done on my car, which included the water pump and timing belt replacement and head change. All the replaced parts were new. The engine ran great after that. However, a few weeks later, I was driving the car when the engine shut off all of a sudden. I attempted to restart it but it wouldn't start back up so I had it towed home. Now, I cannot start the car. There is occasionally a sound as if the cylinders would fire. But, there is no cranking. I had the codes read and the 1167 error code appeared. The fuel gauge is also fluctuating a lot. What should I do?

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle has a few different issues that may be unrelated. The code you pulled is for an issue with the heated oxygen sensor number 2, on engine bank 2. This would cause engine performance issues, however, it usually would not be enough to render the car undrivable. A no crank condition can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are a bad starter, a bad starter relay, a bad battery, or connection issues. The fluctuating fuel gauge may be caused by a bad fuel sending unit. I would recommend having the vehicle diagnose the stalling problem, as the main issue you are having is likely electrical in nature.