Q: Engine oil light comes on and then goes out when driving

the engine oil light will come on when i first start car then i shut car off and restart it and the light will be off

Hi There, The engine oil light is driven by the oil pressure in the motor at any given time. When you first start the vehicle up, this light comes on as it does a system check and momentarily detects engine oil pressure. As the engine RPM’s increase oil pressure increases, thereby signaling to the oil pressure sensor that oil pressure has risen to an appropriate level which then causes the light to go off. If there is not sufficient oil in the motor, this may also cause the light to come on as the sensor will detect less than the required amount of oil in the motor. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to be sure this is operating correctly as this can cause major damage if not working properly.

3. Engine oil light comes on and then goes out when driving