Q: Engine mifiring at higher RPMs, tachometer spiking up

The engine in my car starts misfiring when higher RPMs are reached. At 2200 RPM on average, the issue happens and the tachometer starts spiking up. As I was told the problem might be the distributor, I had it replaced but the issue remained. I had the crank sensor replaced as well. The problem still persists. Do you have any idea what is the cause and what I should check next? Thanks.

A: Try to replace the ignition module and coil...

Try to replace the ignition module and coil which is mounted top right side of the motor. The ignition module supplies the tach signal and the coil supplies the spark to the plugs. It is a good idea to replace both as a set since a coil can burn out the new module.

This should fix the problem. Make sure you have a fresh set of wires and plugs also with a new distributor cap and rotor. If you need help with this contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose the cause of your misfire and fix it accordingly.