Q: Engine management light on car keeps stopping and then restarts

The management light is on car slows and stops and cuts out randomly then you can restart it

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2009 Kia Soul. With the Engine Management Light on, a fault code has been stored in the ECU. A code reader/scanner should be plugged in and a vehicle diagnostics has to be run to find where the fault is. Any one of the 2 dozen or so sensors the computer relies on to run properly may be at fault. The only way to find out for sure what is causing the problem is to run a diagnostics, which a technician from YourMechanic can do at your home or office.