Q: Q: Engine

My issue is that it sometimes won't start, to get it to start I have to let it sit for an hour or press and hold down the gas, now it sounds like it not getting enough fuel to me it sounds like a diesel engine that hasnt warmed up when I give it gas... my question is what could tlbe causing this

It sound like you may have a problem with a fuel injector that is flooding the engine out. Another possibility is that the fuel vapor valve is not closing and will flood the engine with vapor. It takes about an hour to clear the vapor out of the crank case and intake manifold enough for it to start holding the throttle wide open.

With the engine off, try and check the vapor vent valve to see if it’s not shutting off vapor from the fuel tank when the engine is off. It should be sealed, also during idle. The valve is designed to open at a cruise speed to use the fumes when you drive. If you cannot find the valve then have a mechanic locate and test the valve for you. If the valve is okay then you may have a leaking injector.

I’d recommend getting your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic. They will be able to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and make the appropriate repairs to get your car running normally again.