Q: Engine blocked when turning it by hand

When I rotate the engine 1.3 cdti by hand, if i go clockwise it blocks. If I turn the other side it goes just fine .... I really don't know what is happening

Hi there. On virtually all modern engines, compression tends to be the major reason why an engine won’t rotate by hand. Especially if you’ve not removed the spark plugs.

This is a common mistake, but the best thing to do is to remove the spark plugs, which will allow compression to leak from the motor and make it easier to spin over by hand. If your motor still gives you problems, you might have a pulley or timing belt issue that’s causing this to occur. If you need help diagnosing the problem, have a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of the hard start so that it can be properly addressed.