Q: 2007 Mazda CX-7 car turns off when shift to reverse or drive

Car turns off when shift to reverse or drive. I checked transmission oil and it was low I added almost 3 quarts to transmission. Added oil and it still turns off when I shift gear to reverse or drive. when driving car and come to a stop when rpm go down need to have foot on accelerator keeping rpm around 2000 so car won't turn off. Other than that car will turn of while driving it. When car changes gears they change fine. When accelerating it like stumbles rpms go down like there is no air/gas making it to engine but around 5 gear and rpm is at 4000 its fine.

Hi There, This may be a sign of a faulty MAP sensor as the vehicle responds adversely to a load put on the motor (i.e. putting it in gear, turning on AC or engaging the brakes). The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor senses engine load and generates a signal that is proportional to the amount of vacuum in the intake manifold. The engine computer then uses this information to adjust ignition timing and fuel enrichment. When the engine is working hard, intake vacuum drops as the throttle opens wide. The engine takes in more air, which requires more fuel to keep the air/fuel ratio in balance. When the computer reads a heavy load signal from the MAP sensor, it adjusts the fuel mixture to slightly more rich than normal so the engine can produce more power. The computer will then retard (back off) ignition timing slightly to prevent detonation that can damage the engine and decrease performance. This may also be caused by other closely related components such as a dirty or failing mass air-flow sensor, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a vacuum leak. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. 2007 Mazda CX-7 car turns off when shift to reverse or drive