Q: EGR warning

The Check Engine light is on. The tests say that an EGR need to be replaced. The engine light goes on and off a lot, and sometimes the car does not run well.

A: Hello. An EGR valve that is intermittently ...

Hello. An EGR valve that is intermittently failing will cause the Check Engine Light to turn off and on. If the code is for the EGR valve and the voltages to the valve are correct, then the EGR valve may need to be replaced. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine what fixes are needed for your car's EGR problem.