Q: Dual air control blows very hot on passenger side and warm on driver's side. Replaced the actuator with n/o change. Ideas?

This last summer our Suburban's (2004) a/c stopped working and it only blew very hot air on the passanger side (dual controls) and warm air on the drivers side. Now that the weather is changing heat is not really working too well (mild warmth). We replaced actuator with no change. We can change the temperature settings, turn on and off the a/c, change the fan speed all with no apparent change in temperature.

A: Hi there. It would appear that your vehicle...

Hi there. It would appear that your vehicle has a combination of problems with the HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system. Your vehicle having dual zone climate control means there are two temperature blend door actuators.

Replacing components without diagnoses can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. It could be a faulty A/C control panel not changing actuator position.

The inoperative A/C could be any number of issues, from a faulty A/C compressor, to an A/C system needing service, etc.

No heat could also be from any number of issues from a restricted heater core, to an engine not getting to operating temperature, the thermostat is stuck open, etc.

I recommend having your vehicle’s inoperative HVAC system diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, so that this can be correctly addressed.