Q: DSC Light is on

The DSC Light is on. I think the ABS module might need repairing.

A: Hi! That is an issue that many owners of yo...

Hi! That is an issue that many owners of your particular series frequently encounter. The most common cause of the DSC Light illumination is an issue in the ABS module. The ABS and DSC modules are built together as one. They are located very close to the engine, so they are susceptible to a lot of heat and vibration, which will cause damage to the module’s circuits overtime. However, the module is not always what’s flawed. There is a code that is stored into the vehicle’s memory when the DSC Light is set; I suggest having the code obtained by a certified technician to determine what is malfunctioning before replacing any parts. The problem could be a faulty wheel speed sensor, in which case you could continue to drive your car. However, if you a failing ABS module, your car would be dangerous to drive. Consider using a mobile mechanic service, such as YourMechanic, to send a well-trained technician to the vehicle’s location to inspect the DSC/ABS module, and recommend the best path to repair.