Q: drove it without the oil cap

i tried to start it up and it would not start i put in 2 quarts of oil and waited it started up and i drove it about two miles and then i parked it after about an hour i tried to start it again but would not start it turns over not making any noises inside the engine just won't start the engine is not seized

Hi there. It looks as if you are experiencing some inconsistent problems related to ignition or fuel system components. Driving without the oil cap on can create vacuum issues, but I don’t think that the oil issue is the source of your starting problems. It is probably a better idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can inspect your Mercury onsite and determine what is causing your problems.

3. drove it without the oil cap