Q: Does torqued to spec apply even if the bolt hole was initially stripped out?

I was working on changing timing components on a ford 5.4l 3v engine. As I was putting in the bolt for the tensioner, I accidentally angled it and ended up cross threading the beginning few threads. I then pulled it out and used a tap and die set to attempt to fix the thread. With the tap, I went as far as I could and then I put in the bolt. I had to force the bolt in about 1 cm. I used loctite and once in there I used a torque wrench and tightened to spec. My question is whether or not this will still hold? Or should I do something else?

From the way you describe the bolt hole that was stripped only a few threads then was tapped and use lock tight and torqued. I do not see that you will have any issues as long as you were able to reach the proper torque without striping the threads.

3. Does torqued to spec apply even if the bolt hole was initially stripped out?