Q: Does a 1990 honda civic have inline fuel filters? If so, where are they? Should I change those before the main fuel filter?

I turn the key and hit the clutch and the car makes that noise like it wants to start but it wont. We have gotten it a couple of times but you just have you get lucky. My old man said it might be an inline fuel filter getting clogged so there isnt enough fuel getting to the engine through the clogged stuff. Just need some advice.

The 1990 Honda Civic does have an inline fuel filter and it should be located somewhere near the firewall. In order to determine if the fuel filter or pump are faulty, you will want to have a fuel pressure test performed. If the fuel pressure is low, the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump is weak. I would recommend starting with the fuel filter because it is inexpensive and easier to replace. Also, the fuel filter would require replacement with a new fuel pump anyway. If the fuel filter does not resolve the issue, the fuel pump should be replaced. I would recommend having these repairs performed by a qualified professional as working with the fuel system can cause safety issues.

3. Does a 1990 honda civic have inline fuel filters? If so, where are they? Should I change those before the main fuel filter?