Q: Are the powertrain control modules in a 2004 Dodge Ram and 2008 Dodge Ram the same?

We are trying to figure out the trucks problem. I got a p0601 code as well as ignition coil codes and evap system codes. We bought a truck from a dealer and the engine went out within a week, they replaced the engine with an 04, they disabled our check engine light in the process and i doubt they changed out the pcm to match the current engine that was put in. Would a pcm for a 2008 cause a 2004 engine to have ignition coil codes, and evap system codes. Im trying to figure out if I just need to get the right pcm or is this worse than im thinking?

3. Are the powertrain control modules in a 2004 Dodge Ram and 2008 Dodge Ram the same?