Q: do i have to chande my windshield to get an inspection tag?

I went to get inspection tag and was rejected. they said the crack in the windshield cant be more than 6 in. it dose not obscure the driver or passanger view. do I really need a new windshield, or do they just want to make money on me? the place specializes in windows.

Yes, you will have to replaced your windshield. The windshield gives structural integrity to the vehicle. Vision obstruction is an important part of this too because it is also a safety issue. This is not a ploy for more money.