Q: Difficulty starting and accelerating in 1996 Audi A4

I have an Audi A4 1996. It has difficulty starting. When it’s starting, it usually turns off under one second unless I rub the engine. It also has trouble accelerating.

Start with the basics. The first thing you want to do when you have a problem like that is change the fuel filter. Clogged fuel filters can do that. If changing the fuel filter doesn’t fix your problem, then have the fuel pump pressure tested, because the weak fuel pump also does it.

If that’s not the problem, do my video “how to clean fuel injectors on your car.” Dirty fuel injectors can often do that. If it’s not that, then you need to get in touch with a professional who has one of those computers tools to do a whole scan of the car, because there’s a lot of data there that can be accessed by a mechanic who knows what he’s doing.

Those are very complicated cars. But a lot of times, it’s one of those three things I was telling you about. Always start from simple things and work it up from there. Don’t think that is going to be complicated first. If you want to have the car looked at, then a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s starting issue.

3. Difficulty starting and accelerating in 1996 Audi A4