Q: Defroster malfunctioning

Hi. I'm having some issues with the defroster in my car. On the left side, the cool air is blowing out. Whereas on the right side, the warm air is blowing. What is causing this and how could I fix it? Thank you.

Your car has a dual temperature control system. If you put both sides to full cold or full hot, then it will not be in automatic mode and should be blow fully cold or hot out of the vents.

If you put the system to dull hot then if one side is cold and the other hot, then the system has a bad temperature control actuator to the side that is not correct. The actuators are on the evaporator case on right side of the dash. If you want to have this thoroughly checked, have a mechanic diagnose your AC system and make repairs as needed.