Q: I have a 2011 Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4 and I'm hearing a roaring sound in what seems like the rear passenger wheel.

Hearing a roaring sound coming from the rear passenger wheel area. Starts as soon as the wheel starts rolling and continues constantly until I stop. I was noticing it intermittently, now it seems to be all the time. Is this a wheel bearing going out, more than likely and if so what is that cost, normally?

Typically, a roaring noise can be associated with a failed wheel bearing assembly. In your case it my be called an axle bearing for the rear axle of your 4x4 truck. This noise may also be confused with grinding which may be caused when the brake pad material has been worn passed the minimum and the metal brake pad backing plate starts to rub against the metal rotor. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your roaring noise to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. I have a 2011 Ford F-150 Platinum 4x4 and I'm hearing a roaring sound in what seems like the rear passenger wheel.