Q: Dashboard and convertible top not working.

I recently bought a used mercedes benz 2007 clk350 convertible. the car runs great but the dashboard is turned off as well as the convertible and the buttons on the steering wheel. i dont know much about cars (this is my first car) but i heard it might have something to do with the fuse box. i located all the boxes but i am lost. i dont know which chip activates what even with the booklet. which chips do replace?? please help!!

Get a test light and put the cable on a good ground (like a clean bolt). Then put the probe end onto the terminals on the fuses and see if the light on the test light illuminates. If the light illuminates on both sides of the fuse, then the fuse is good. If the light illuminates on one side of the fuse, then the fuse is burned. If there is nothing wrong with the fuses, then there could be an issue with the wiring in the dashboard. If you need further assistance with your convertible top and dashboard are not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Dashboard and convertible top not working.