Q: Damaged shock absorber - 2000 Isuzu

What is the purpose of the shock absorber crosing in the front suspension, what effect does it have when damaged

Hi, thanks for writing in. That is your steering stabilizer. This dampens any steering vibration, prevents your steering wheel from shaking while under normal driving conditions.

If damaged you may lose steering all together. It is best to get this fixed as soon as possible. You have to replace the stabilizer and bushings.

If you would consider,YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you to troubleshoot this issue firsthand and service your stabilizer.