Q: Creaking occurs over bumps even since I got new strut assembly on all 4.

I recently used this service for all 4 strut assembly replacement. I continue to hear creaking, mostly in the rear but also some in the front. Why is it creaking after the repairs? What could be causing the noice to continue?

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com. It’s rather common for some creaking to occur after replacing struts on a vehicle. In most cases this is caused by new mounts or hardware settling into place; especially if aftermarket parts are used as opposed to original equipment parts. However, in some cases, the noise is coming from a different front end component that may also be wearing out, such as a tie rod end, steering stabilizer bar bushings or CV joints. If the noise continues or worsens after about 2,000 miles of use, please contact YourMechanic.com to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a car is making a noise inspection.

3. Creaking occurs over bumps even since I got new strut assembly on all 4.