Q: Crank shaft and fuel pump problem.

After changing the crank shaft in a 96 Jeep Laredo, 4 wheel drive, 6 cylinder; if it's loose child that damage it? Also, why would the fuel pump stay on all the time? Thanks in advance

Hello.

If you are referring to the engine crankshaft, then yes, a loose crankshaft can definitely cause damage. A loose crankshaft means that the bearings or journals are worn, which will continue to wear, usually at an accelerated rate until engine knock develops. A fuel pump may stay on if there is some sort of electrical short feeding it power. This can happen due to a faulty relay, or a shorted wire.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic