Q: Could the low oil level sensor be accidentally knocked off during an oil change on a es330 Lexus 2005. My engine recently seized up.

At 100km/hr heard rough grumbly noises(not very loud)and steering felt off. Pulled over to shoulder not sure when but at some point vehicle stalled out. Braking and handling remained stable and safely came to a complete stop. Along with check engine light only light that came on was A/T temp light. No low oil light or low oil pressure light. Don't know what gauges said as was pulling over in heavy traffic at high speeds. By the time I pulled over into a safe spot only electrical was working gauges had all shut down. Engine temp was normal. About two weeks prior had oil change at mechanic. Is it possible that somehow oil sensors low lvl was disconnected. Also would a seized engine not throw out a low oil pressure light? Thank you.

My car has an automatic AWDtransmission.

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil level is low Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Look all around the engine and around the oil pan and filter. Look for any signs of oil leakage.

If there is no oil leakage, then check the engine oil level. If the oil level is full, then the oil pump gave out.

If there is no oil on the dipstick, then the oil drained or pumped out of the engine causing the engine to seize up. If you need further assistance with diagnosing a seized engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.