Q: Could my no crank be caused by the park/neutral safety switch?

1995 Chrysler LHS won't crank. But if we connect a jumper wire from battery positive post to small ignition terminal on solenoid it starts right up. Battery is good, relays are fine, fuses are fine, and we believe ignition switch is fine. Could this be the park/neutral safety switch? Where on this vehicle is it located? The repair manual I have doesn't mention it. Where can I find instructions to replace it?

The park/neutral switch is on the left rear of the transmission. You should check the shift cable too see if it is moving the transmission all the way to park and if the cable bushings are good. You can try to put the transmission in neutral and see if it cranks. If it does then the switch is most likely the cause. If it is not then have the computer scanned to see if transmission is shifting through the gears and shows park. If not then you will need to replace the switch. If you find you are needing help with replacing the neutral safety switch, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to complete this repair.

3. Could my no crank be caused by the park/neutral safety switch?