Q: Brake light just came on in dashboard 2012 Audi Q5

Hello- I was hearing loud squeaking when I stop and 2 days ago the break light came on in Dashboard it said "breaks ( replace break pads)". How long I have to drive on the car to get it fixed?( I drive 20 Miles each way to work) dose this mean I need rounders too or just pads?

Hello - as you have already noted, this warning tells you that your brake pads need replacement. It is intended to warn you to replace the pads before the rotors are damaged. Best guidance is to go ahead and have the brake pads replaced before damage is done to the rotors. You might get another 5,000 miles out of the pads, but the cost of replacing the rotors as well as the pads is quite a bit more than for replacing the pads. I recommend a brake pad replacement service performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Brake light just came on in dashboard 2012 Audi Q5