Q: Cooling fans not working

asked by on February 05, 2016

The cooling fans are not working.

Cooling/Radiator Fan Motor Replacement $120.68 - $1412.28 Get a Quote

If your cooling fan is inoperative, I would start by having a mechanic check the fan for power. If the fan is getting twelve volts but does not work, the fan is faulty. If the fan is not getting battery voltage, the issue lies within the wiring, or the PCM. If this is the case, wiring diagrams will be needed, so I would recommend having this diagnosed by a mechanic who is sufficient in electrical diagnosis, in order to save time and money in the long run. The most likely cause is that the fan has simply failed and will require replacement. If this is the case, I would recommend having it replaced as soon as possible, as engine damage can result from overheating due to the lack of an operative cooling fan.