Q: Coolant is brown

Coolant light turned on sayin my coolant was low, when I opened coolant it was a thin brown and the coolant was overflowed with it to.

Cooling System Flush $178.82 - $215.42 Get a Quote

The coolant level should be checked when the engine is cold. Typically you will check the level in the plastic recovery tank. If the level is low, or keeps dropping even after you top off the system, you might have a leak. The brown color is usually due to rust and other contaminants. If there is evidence of sediments and contamination the cooling system should be flushed and cleaned as best as possible and new coolant added. YourMechanic does perform this service on a mobile basis; simply refer to YourMechanic’s coolant replacement/flush service page to get an instant itemized quote and to schedule service at your location, at your convenience. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr