Q: Code P2020, and satellite navigation and DVD problems

I own an A5 3.0 TDI. I got the error code P2020 – intake manifold flap position sensor, 2 signal improbable. I tried carbon cleaning but it didn’t help. I tried resetting the code but when the engine gets cold the error code comes back on. Should I put in a new sensor? My other problem is the satellite navigation - sat nav and display said to – please insert navigation DVD. I checked the player in the boot and pressed eject. Then it made strange noises like it was trying to spin the disc but it couldn’t. Then it ejected the DVD then it loaded it back into the player. It did this 3 times. After the 3rd time it finally let me take the DVD out. Then I cleaned the disc with a laser cleaner but didn’t help. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Hello. The P2020 code is a manufacturers code and not a generic code. The pinpoint test for the code should be done before replacing the manifold flap sensor. Once the pinpoint test is done, it will isolate the failed part to replace or repair. As far as the NAV system, you will have to have it diagnosed using the factory scanner to see if it just needs updated software or just needs to be replaced or sent out for repairs.

3. Code P2020, and satellite navigation and DVD problems