Q: Climate control fan is no longer adjustable.

I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid. Lately the heater fan is always on in one position (as soon as you turn the key) and turning the fan speed knob has no effect. Even though the display isn't working (needs solder fix), the temperature is adjustable (automatic and manual) and the vents are changeable (defrost, floor, etc.). Can you tell me what the fix is for this? Could it be the blower motor resistor?

The blower motor resistor would be the most common cause. The resistor varies voltage to the blower in order to vary speed. If the resistor is shorted, this can typically cause the blower to work on certain speeds and not others. Also, that you are having issues with the climate control display can also indicate that the control head itself can be at fault if it has further shorted any other circuits internally. As for the most common and least expensive shot at a repair, the blower motor resistor replacement would be a safe bet to try first.

3. Climate control fan is no longer adjustable.