I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country minivan I don't t...

I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country minivan I don't trust or turned it off 2 minutes later got back in it to start up to leave it turns over like it wants to start but wont start acts like it's out of gas but it has gas what c...

I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country minivan I don't trust or turned it off 2 minutes later got back in it to start up to leave it turns over like it wants to start but wont start acts like it's out of gas but it has gas what can keep it from starting Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the [battery](/topics-battery-chrysler/), particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded? Yes replace the battery also replace the reset sensor still turns over just like it's out of gas but it doesn't kick in and there's plenty of gas in it confirm it is getting to the carburetor tourettes ignition switch it key looks to be a little bit but not that much at all Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far? Replace the battery we try jumping off the battery we replace the H in my reset sensor spray starter fluid in it it just want it just turns over over and over and over the only thing left I'm thinking is the ignition is bad what about the key itself Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Before it stopped starting the bill that goes off when you first started would start and stop on his own and continuously be for sometimes it wouldn't at all you have to wiggle it the key you get it to get it to do anything

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Thank you. you need to confirm that it's getting spark to each cylinder. that is the next step.

We didIt acts like its outta gas but confirmed gas getting to carburetorIt just turns over and over but wont start,Drove home got out of van for bout 10 minutes got back in wouldn't startDo have to wiggle key to get ignition to moveAlso replace the reset sensor
Automotive Expert
ok, so if it's getting spark and it didn't start with starting fluid, that odd. regardless of its the ignition switch or not check to see if air is blowing out or sucking in at the throttle body when cranking the [engine](/topics-engine-chrysler/)

OkChecking now
Automotive Expert
ok

While he's checking what should it doBlowing out
Automotive Expert
not good

Why what does that mean
Automotive Expert
you have timing issues the timing has jumped, you need air/fuel/combustion. you have fuel and combustion, but no air being taken into the engine this happens when the timing is off.

Are there other ways to check timing
Automotive Expert
that's the telltale sign my friend you can set the engine @#1 TDC on the compression stroke and check all of the timing marks

Ik he said blowing in my hearing is bad i blowing in it means the same thing as suckinf in
Automotive Expert
sucking in? then that's what it should be doing if you sprayed starting fluid directly into the throttle body and you have spark and the air is sucking in, then there is no reason it shouldn't start for a few seconds with the starting fluid

Yean
Automotive Expert
seems like the only recourse is to replace the ignition switch and ignition key cylinder since it is a problem

You think that'll fix it
Automotive Expert
It's a problem already so it needs to be replaced regardless. it can be causing intermittent signals to the injectors and coils.

Any other ideas of what to try
Automotive Expert
you can get noid light and check for injector pulse, otherwise, replace the ignition switch and key cylinder

Ok thank you
Automotive Expert
you are very welcome. please stay well.