I have a 1986 Chevy 350 motor carburetor will the heads o...

I have a 1986 Chevy 350 motor carburetor will the heads off a 1990 gmc 350 tbi fit on my 86 intakes and value pans are different styles ...

I have a 1986 Chevy 350 motor carburetor will the heads off a 1990 gmc 350 tbi fit on my 86 intakes and value pans are different styles

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\* to justanswer. I will be assisting you with your question today. Yes, the heads will fit. You will need a new intake to fit the heads. The intake bolts are mounted straight down instead of at an angle. **\*\*As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended\*\***

Okay will I still be able to leave it Carburetor
Automotive Expert
Yes, if you pick up an aftermarket intake like an Edelbrock or Holly made for the year of the vehicle that the heads are off of, you can bolt a carb on.

Okay and does the ignition control Module on a 1990 gmc seirra control the tbi injectors
Automotive Expert
The PCM(power control module) controls the TBI.

Okay the truck has new fuel pump injectors injectors harnessing fuel pump relay still not starting I spray stating Fluid in it will start so it has spark just no fuel fuse is also good
Automotive Expert
I would double check fuel pressure. It could be a bad fuel pressure regulator. It should have 55-60 lbs of pressure.

That’s located on the fuel rail ?
Automotive Expert
Yes.

Alright thank you
Automotive Expert
You are very welcome! Best of luck with your repair, and thanks for using justanswer.

Okay if that doesn’t work what should be my next step I tried a code reader but the check [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) light or service engine light won’t come on I even tried unplugging couple [spark plugs](/topics-spark-plug-chevy/)
Automotive Expert
Next thing I would do is make sure there is power at the TBI injectors. If there isnt, start tracing the harness backwards checking for power at other connections and for damage to the wiring harness.

For the gmc what intake manifold would need to buy to convert it to carb
Automotive Expert
Just look for Chevy small block 350 manifolds to fit a 1990.