Q: Check engine light on, P0613 code

My car has gone around 90,000 miles and it's a well-maintained vehicle. A couple of days ago, the check engine light came on. I had the codes read and the P0613 popped up. It indicates the internal transmission processor issue. How serious is this and how can I fix it?

You may be able to get the powertrain control module reprogrammed to correct the issue on your 2007 Chrysler Aspen. This may be an issue where the transmission program is corrupt and an install of the latest software may correct the issue. If this does not work, then it it is like the powertrain control module may need to be replaced which will also require a programming. This is generally a dealership item, but you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to investigate the Check Engine Light issue further and make any corrections needed.