Q: Check engine light is on, had it checked out they said thermastat but its not running hot. Do I really need to put in new thermos

Check engine light is on but cadi 2003 cts doesn't run hot. Mechanic sai its thermostat but it doesn't run hot. Should I go ahead put new thermostat in car???

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. Unfortunately, without knowing what type of error code caused the check engine light to illuminate, it’s difficult for us to give you an accurate recommendation of repair. It might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection; then ask them to tell you which error codes are causing the error light and what repairs are needed.

• Check engine light is on, had it checked out they said thermastat but its not running hot. Do I really need to put in new thermos