Q: Q: Check engine light.

I have a honda accord lx i believe a 1994. When i go over 50mph and slow down or even get off the gas my check engine light comes on. I have done my code reader but it only says my speedometer. Which doesnt work right now. I need to smog my car and it wont pass if the light comes on. Any help is MUCH appreciated. Im a girl if that helps haha.

YourMechanic does diagnose and repair speedometer malfunctions. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, simply request a speedometer diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. In the course of looking into this the mechanic would scan for codes just to be sure that there are not companion codes of relevance. As far as the code that you have seen, that might have within it mention of particular sub components or "circuits". If reported, those will be of value in figuring out what is wrong. Indeed, if you had submitted the code you read, I could give you some guesses as to cause beforehand. At any rate, if you schedule the diagnostic, the mechanic will definitely get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Check engine light.