Q: Check engine light

My check engine light comes on periodically and then goes off but I've checked 4 codes and the one that keeps coming up is 1045 it's in bedded in my head it keeps coming up 1045 it idles rough in Drive but when I put it in neutral it's very smooth periodic check has come up on my dash light does that mean tune up or?

A: Hello. Since the check engine light is on t...

Hello. Since the check engine light is on then I would need to scan the computer for codes myself. From the one code that you have that sounds like an EGR system issue. It may be the DPFE sensor or the EGR valve itself. They will cause the check engine light to come on and can cause the engine to run erratically. All of the codes would help to diagnose what is going on. If you need to have this problem looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your to [diagnose why the check engine light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection