Q: CEL light P171 p174 codes fuel trim always single digits

weather idling or driving .. long and short term trim never into double digits

3. CEL light P171 p174 codes fuel trim always single digits

Q: What are the signs of a misfiring engine? I'm not sure if my car is misfiring or something else.

Misfire can be a very broad term that can describe a variety of symptoms, but as far as the Engine controller is concerned, a misfire occurs when combustion is not taking place when the controller is expecting it. The Controller...

Q: Check Engine Light comes on in hot weather

Hello. The Check Engine Light will come on any time that the computer sees a problem with the powertrain in the vehicle. In order to know where the issue is coming from I would need to scan the computer for...

Q: 2001 BMW 325Ci E46 3 series: turns over, no start, no spark, no communication on scanner. New battery was installed.

Hi there. Unfortunately, when the ECU is not connecting to the digital scanner, that's an indication of a failed ECU. This is only something that can be completed by a BMW certified repair facility, as they keep ECU programming pretty...