Q: CEL light P171 p174 codes fuel trim always single digits

weather idling or driving .. long and short term trim never into double digits

A: If you're lean on both exhaust banks, t...

If you're lean on both exhaust banks, typically there would be a vacuum leak causing the issue. Even a small vacuum leak can cause fluctuations in fuel trims and BMWs are a little more sensitive to point out engine operation problems. The DISA valve is a common spot for vacuum leaks and drivability concerns if the valve does not function properly. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your check engine light troubles and offer a more personal diagnosis.