Q: My speedometer needle starts under zero, so when I'm going 40, my speedometer shows 20

Is there anyway I can reset the speedometer needle? All the other needles on my cluster work fine

Hi, thanks for writing in. The issue you describe indicates that the speedometer needle is now misaligned on the gauge shaft. This can repaired by a knowledgeable speedometer repair facility. The instrument cluster (with the speedometer) must be removed from the dash, shipped to a speedometer repair facility, and reinstalled after the repair. Check with one or more local automotive shops for references to a reputable speedometer repair facility. The Internet and other business reference services will also provide guidance. Some speedometer repair services will provide turn-key service for this repair themselves, and may be local to you.

3. My speedometer needle starts under zero, so when I'm going 40, my speedometer shows 20