Q: Carburetor idling badly at lower elevation

My jeep has a new carburetor. It was running great in Colorado at 9,000 feet above sea level, but won't idle at 900 feet above sea level in North Carolina, though it still runs good on the highway. Do I need to adjust the carburetor and timing for the lower elevation?

A: Yes, the carburetor will need to be adjuste...

Yes, the carburetor will need to be adjusted for the difference in altitude. There is a lot more oxygen at sea level than 9k ft above sea level. The air fuel mixture will need to be richened (more fuel, less air) and the timing may have to be retarded slightly as well.