Q: car wont start

asked by on June 26, 2016

ok i started my car this morning it lacked power went to the store came back out and it started but then cut off and wont run now we towed it home its getting fuel to the rail its got a good spark just dont know

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Although it’s getting fuel to the rail, it may not be putting enough pressure behind that fuel to keep the car running. I would suggest performing a fuel pressure check, and a compression check as well. It’s also possible that the exhaust is plugged, possibly from a failing catalytic converter. An exhaust back pressure check would need to be done to confirm this. Because all these tests require special tools and knowledge, I would recommend having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your starting problem for you and make the correct repairs.